Thursday, March 10, 2011

Northern Lights

On my walk home after an interesting (and frustrating) night, I finally saw the aurora; clear, bright, and stunning!

After a unique series of events, I got to thinking about my future in Chevak. I love it here and plan on being here again next year. But living in rural Alaska is difficult and sometimes after a night like tonight the future needs to be contemplated. I have said that I would like to stay 7 years, to see my first class graduate; but it feels like being in a time capsule, the world goes on changing but Chevak remains the same. Do I want to be single for 7 more years? Do I want to live in just-OK apartments (possibly with a roommate) for 7 more years? Do I want to be far, far away from my family and a lot of friends for 7 more years? Maybe I'm just a little bummed from a disappointing and frustrating night, but I think these are all important questions (and a lot more could be asked). Today is Ash Wednesday so all I can do is pray that things will work out for the best and that answers will be shown to me.

"Everything will be OK in the end. If everything is not OK, it is not the end."
How true indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment