Friday, February 25, 2011

On Friends

I'm so grateful for my friends; today was definitely a day for friends new and old. Here is today's after school experience:

One of my best friends from Indiana called me from her bother's house. We chatted a bit but the weather was nasty and I was on my way out of the building, so I needed to put my phone away. I apologized for, "Not being a really good friend lately." She understood and said, "You are busy being a grownup doing grownup things." The 4 hr. time difference can make it difficult to talk regularly, but we know that we are still friends. It is good to have friends who understand.

Recently several friends returned from conferences in Anchorage. I am happy they got back because they are integral in my experiences here. We were able to get together at another friend's house and talk, laugh, have a great time, and catch a documentary about Alaska's Statehood. It is so nice to have friends to sit with.

After,--at a different house, and after i melted the butter lid on a still-hot stove, the power went out 3-4 times in a 45-minute span. We got to talking about some of our life experiences, and i talked about my college experiences. All of my Ball State experiences are priceless and all of the awesome people I met there are unforgettable! Although, in Chevak, we don't have any bingeing inspired activities, the crazy night of losing power was entertainment to us. It was fun we just sat around and laughed and talked. It's fun to have friends to go crazy with.

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely! It WAS fun, and good friendships out here ARE integral to making it such an incredible, memorable, and positive experience. Glad you are here, Johnny Boy! :)

    ReplyDelete